New in Logic Pro X 10.4.1 Stability/Reliability Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when clicking on an automation point in a project that starts before bar one. Logic Pro no longer sometimes quits unexpectedly when switching Room Types in the ChromaVerb plug-in. Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Auto Punch recording in Keep […]
Logic Pro X 10.4 release notes Learn about Logic Pro X 10.4. Before updating Logic Pro X, make sure to back up the currently installed version of the Logic Pro application and your Logic Pro projects. New in Logic Pro X 10.4 New Features and Enhancements Smart Tempo Advanced tempo detection lets you automatically combine content […]
Logic Pro X 10.3 release notes New in Logic Pro X 10.3.2 New features and enhancements Includes three new Drummers who play percussion in the styles of Pop, Songwriter, and Latin. Add new Drummer loops to your song and then customize them with performance controls. The pitch of an audio region can now […]
Logic Pro X 10.2.3
Logic Pro X 10.2.3 includes the following changes.
- Crossfades between comp sections in Take Folders can now be graphically edited.
- The following plug-ins have been redesigned with Retina ready interfaces: Exciter, Echo, Modulation Delay, Noise Gate, Pitch Shifter, Match EQ, Match EQ Surround, Surround Multimeter.
- New Loudness Meter plug-in provides support for LUFS metering.
- The Modulation Delay plug-in now includes a Feedback Filter.
- The Chorus and Modulation Delay plug-ins now each offer a D-mode button.
- The Noise Gate now includes a ducker.
- The Noise Gate plug-in now offers a filter characteristics menu which may be set to either Band Pass or Band Reject.
- There are now independent ‘Hold’ buttons for the Analyzer, Goniometer and Level Meter sections of the Multimeter plug-in.
MainStage 3.2.4 includes the following changes. Learn more about MainStage.
- Arturia Keylab 25, 49 and 88 keyboards are now automatically detected and configured for Smart Controls in MainStage.
- The Learn button for setting the note range for a layer now automatically disengages after a MIDI event is received.
Includes several stability and reliability fixes, including but not limited to…
There’s a limitation, in place right now, regarding saving patches and including the aux and bus routings. Logic’s own default patches have this functionality but the end user is restricted in this area.
One workaround is to pack everything into a summing Track Stack but this is not always so elegant and includes unnecessary routings.
Here’s an alternative method:
Create an audio or software instrument channel strip and create one or many bus routings to use with your favorite effects.
Create tracks for the aux channel strips and make a summing stack of them. The easiest way to do this is to select the tracks you want to bundle then from the mixers’s local menu choose Create Track Stack for Selected Channel Strips or assign your own key command. A small drop-down window appears asking you to select the kind of stack you want. Choose Summing Stack.
Open the MIDI environment and locate the original channel strip. Drag and drop it over the Sum track then delete the redundant duplicate track inside the stack…
Logic Pro X 10.2.2
Logic Pro X 10.2.2 includes the following changes.
For more information, see the Logic Pro X website. For information about previous Logic updates see the Logic Pro X 10.0 Release Notes, Logic Pro X 10.1 Release Notes and Logic Pro X 10.2.1 Release Notes.
- Logic now offers a new preference pane (Control Surfaces > MIDI Controllers) that allows the automatic assignment of controls for supported USB MIDI control devices to be enabled and disabled.
Includes several improvements to Logic’s stability, including, but not limited to…
I get many questions on how to move Logic’s Apple Loops and samples to an alternative location like i.e. to a secondary internal or external drive.
There’s widespread information about using aliases when linking back to Logic Pro X’s default locations. Unfortunately this is a very risky assumption because every update related to that content will overwrite the alias and recreate an ordinary folder instead. The problem is that your other content will be orphaned and you will end up with library content that needs to be redownloaded again.
The correct way of do this is to use symbolic links.
The Symbolic Link
Symbolic links, or symlinks, are part of the underlying file system…
Logic Pro X 10.2.1
Logic Pro X 10.2.1 includes the following changes.
New Features and enhancements
- Logic Pro X 10.2.1 includes over 650 new Apple Loops in a variety of dance and popular music genres.
- An Audio preference has been added for multithreading live tracks to improve CPU performance when processing multiple live channels.
- The spectral engine in Alchemy now provides 11 spectral effects that allow creative sound processing in the frequency domain.
- The tempo map…